How can I use the Library's subscription for accessing Chronicle of Higher Education?
The Los Rios Libraries provide a districtwide site license for the Chronicle of Higher Education. This means all Los Rios employees may access Chronicle content at no cost! Here’s how:
Access from the library
- Find Chronicle of Higher Education through the ARC Library Research Databases > C
- You can bookmark the link: https://arclosrios.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://www.chronicle.com/
- You’ll be asked to authenticate via the Los Rios Single Sign On page (just like you would for Canvas or Google Apps)
Create a Chronicle account to access from anywhere (and newsletters)
If you create a Chronicle.com account, you can log in from anywhere without needing to go through the library’s website. Creating a Chronicle.com account and using those credentials to log in from any device will allow you to quickly access articles you come across on the web or social media, and also allows you to sign up for customized email newsletters if you wish.
- After authenticating with your Los Rios credentials, click “Sign In” in the top right corner of the Chronicle website.
- Click on “Sign Up” and create a username and password (you can use whatever email you want – it does not need to be a Los Rios email)
- Now when you log in to your Chronicle.com account from any device, you’ll have access through the Los Rios site license, and this access will be noted in the top left:
- To sign up for newsletters, click on the account icon in the top right while signed in.
- Enjoy! Please contact the library with any questions.