I have checked out a laptop and/or hotspot during remote operations. What happens if I don't turn them in on or before the due date?
Laptops and/or hotspots that have been checked out by students are provided to support student learning and success. By requesting and checking out these technologies, students are agreeing to abide by loan rules which include:
- The laptop and/or hotspot remains the property of Cosumnes River College.
- The laptop and/or hotspot is checked out to a student each semester and may continue to be checked out as long as the college remains in remote operations and the student is enrolled in courses at Los Rios Community College District.
- The College can request the laptop and/or hotspot be returned for any reason at any time.
- If the student graduates or transfers away from the Los Rios Community College District, the laptop and/or hotspot and other equipment must be immediately returned to the College in good working order.
- All material on the laptop as well as material accessed using the College network is subject to review by College staff.
- If the student fails to turn in the laptop and/or hotspot on or before the due date, replacement costs could be assessed. For hotspots, data plans will be terminated, meaning the device can no longer be used to connect to the Internet.
Damage or Lost Equipment
- The replacement cost of $300 (for laptops) and $80 (for hotspots) will be required in the case of irreparable damage or loss of the laptop.
- Loss of the College laptop and/or hotspot must immediately be reported. The student is responsible for the cost of replacing the technology.
- A hold will be placed on your registration until you pay the $300 (laptop) or $80 (hotspot) replacement cost, which will appear as a library fine on your account. More information about paying library fines can be found under the library's borrowing policies (overdue fines accordion menu).
Failure to fully abide by this agreement will result in a hold being placed on a student's registration.