How do I renew an item that I have checked out?
- For many library materials, the due date will automatically renew one time.
- Automatic renewals will take place as long as the material has not been requested by another student.
- Renewals will extend due date by the same amount of days as the original loan (ex. If you borrowed an item that was due in 10 days, the automatic renewal would be for 10 days.)
- Due dates will not automatically renew if another student has requested the item or the renewal will put the due date past the end of the semester.
- After the first automatic renewal, students may continue renewing items using their library account.
- You may find the due date of an item and renew it for longer through your library account (see below).
- Loans may not be renewed past the last day of the semester. All borrowed materials are due back by this date.
|Loan Length||Is it renewable?|
|2 - hour loans||No|
|10 - day loans||Yes (1 automatic, unlimited until end of semester unless requested)|
|3 - week loans||Yes (1 automatic, unlimited until end of semester unless requested)|
|1 - semester||No|
My Library Account
If you have items checked out from the Library, you may view the due date and other details through your Library Account.
Login via OneSearch: Use your wID and password for single-sign on.
Select the Loans tab to view the due date and renew your materials.
If you have questions about the materials you have on loan, please contact the Library Circulation Desk (916) 691-7266.
Contact the CRC Library
Browse by Topic
- APA (1)
- Borrowing Policy (12)
- Chromebook (4)
- Collection Development (2)
- Computer Help (5)
- Contact Information (6)
- COVID19 Closure (21)
- Databases (1)
- Ebooks (1)
- Elk Grove Center (1)
- Instruction (1)
- Interlibrary Loan (1)
- Library Fines/Fees (4)
- Library Policy (17)
- MLA (1)
- OneSearch (3)
- Periodicals (1)
- Printing/Copying (2)
- Reference Desk (1)
- Research Appointments (1)
- View All Topics