How do I review or monitor the fine payments accepted at my Circulation desk?
Monitoring the Charges Paid or Waived at a Circulation Desk
LT's or Librarians can run a report of the fine payments accepted at a specific Circulation desk. The report will include all Circulation Desk operators, and can be limited to just one payment method (ex. Cash) in order to balance cash drawers. The report can also be run to review fines/fees waived by operators as needed.
Note: Fines and fees history is only available for up to 7 calendar days, so reports should be run regularly.
To run the report:
- Go to the Fulfillment Menu, Advanced Tools, Create Fines and Fees Report
- Select the Report Criteria you would like to pull.
- From/To Date (Up to 7 days in the past)
- Received by Library: Your location
- Received by Circulation desk: Circulation desk
- Transaction type = Payment
- Fine owner = Leave blank
- Report receiver:
- To print the report, select printer radial button and don't forget to choose the correct printer from the list below.
- To email the report, select user, enter your wID in the user field, double-check to make sure that you have selected yourself as the user. (Alma should remember your last settings, but please confirm.)
- Use the report: An emailed report will be in an Excel attachment. Open the report and use the Payment Method column to sort and identify charges paid in cash.