Q. How do I process library fines?
Viewing Patron Fines
The Fine and Fees tab on the User Details page list all fines and fees for a patron.
Accepting fine payments
Fulfillment > Checkout/Checkin > Manage Patron Services.
- Enter the patron’s name in the Scan patron’s ID or search for patron field and select Go.
- On the Patron Identification page select the Pay link to the right of the Active balance link.
- Under the operator name, select whether you want to pay all of the patron’s fines or specific fines.
- In the Payment method drop-down field, select a payment method.
- In the Payment amount field, enter the payment amount you are receiving. Select Send and then select Confirm.
The Patron Services page appears and displays the updated balance.
Waiving or adding charges
To Waive a fine
- From the Patron’s record click on the Active balance amount to open the Fines/Fees tab.
- Check mark the box next to the fine. Click on Waive Selected to open Waiving Reason.
- Select Waiving Reason* from drop down menu then click on the Waive.
- A dialog box asks you to Confirm.
To Add charges
- Select +Add Fine or Fee
- Using the drop down menu choose the Fee Type* and add the Fee Amount*. Input additional information as necessary.
- Click on Add and Close.
Clearing a PeopleSoft hold & Removing Alma Blocks
If a patron clears their obligations with the library by paying fines/fees, returning outstanding items, or filing an appeal etc.
- In PeopleSoft: Remove the library block.
- In Alma: Remove the PS HOLD & DELINQUENT blocks from the “Blocks” tab of their user record and Save the user record.