Q. How do I add a patron record on the fly?
- In the Fulfillment menu, click Manage Patron Services
- Scan the patron’s library card or enter the patron’s barcode or name; click Go
- If the patron’s record is not found, click Register New User
- Upon presentation of a valid photo ID, complete all required fields on the Quick User Management page with the new patron’s information. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk.
Note #1: The Primary Identifier field will auto-populate according to our library configuration settings. Make sure it is w+id (e.g. w1234567). Otherwise it won't get synced with the PeopleSoft load.
Note #2: Your institution’s configuration settings will determine what format of phone numbers are accepted when registering new users.
- If the user you are registering is an external user, such as a new student, select “Yes” in the Patron has institutional record area. If the user is internal, such as a community patron, select “No”.
- Click on Update User to save.
- The user record will appear as confirmation that they have successfully been added to the system. You may then proceed to check out items to the patron in the Scan Item Barcode field.