Q. How do I mark an item as "Missing" in Alma?
Marking an item as "Missing" in Alma
Note: Items can only be marked "Missing" if they are in status “Item In Place”. If Item is not in place (e.g. on loan or in a process type), this method will not work.
- Search in the Institution Zone (IZ) by Physical Title
- Locate the item and expand the Holdings/Items with the little arrow. Click Items.
- Locate which item you want to mark missing and click the action menu (ellipsis).
- Click “Toggle Missing Status” in the action menu.
- This will change the Status to Item not in place and the Process Type to Missing. You are done.
Marking Requested Items Missing
Items which have been requested and are showing on the Pick from Shelf list can also be marked as missing. In this case, the request will move to other available holdings, OR if none are available the patron will be notified that the request has been canceled.