Q. What should I do when changes I've made to bib records in Alma aren't showing up in OneSearch?
When we add new records to or change existing records in our Alma repository, the changes are normally seen in OneSearch (Primo VE) within 15 minutes. However, sometimes this doesn't work out. Some examples:
- when we create collections, sometimes the titles we add don't show up in the collection
- in some cases the citations we add to reading lists don't show up properly in course reserve searches that should find them
- if we suppress a physical location, titles from that location may continue to appear even if there are no unsuppressed holdings.
What has to happen in these cases is that the bib records need to be republished to Primo. To accomplish this:
- create a logical or itemized titles set for the problem records (it's ok to include a larger set than the ones you know are having problems)
- run the Recalculate Local Resource Types job on the set.
This job will have the effect of republishing the records to Primo VE, and should fix the problem.