How do I mark an item as Claimed Return if the item is in a Lost status?
If a patron claims to have returned an overdue item to the library, we should mark the loan as Claimed Return. However, once an item becomes Lost in Alma, the item action menu will no longer display Claimed Return as an option.
To mark the Lost loan as Claimed Return, do the following:
- Go to the patron's account in Manage Patron Services
- Find the loan that that patron claims to have returned
- Click on the More Actions menu and select Found Item
The Loan Status will now be set to Normal
- Select the More Actions menu again, and mark the item as Claimed Return
- Optionally, you may include a note with details relevant to the claimed return item. You will now see that the Loan Status is changed to Claimed Return.
- Click Done to close the patron's account.
Was this helpful? 0 0