How do I use the Fulfillment Configuration Utility to check the loan policies for a patron/item?
The tool can be found in Alma > Fulfillment Menu > Advanced Tools - Loans > Fulfillment Configuration Utility. (Note: A role of Circulation Desk Operator or above is required to use this tool.)
To use the tool, enter the student/employee ID of an active patron in Alma, and enter the barcode of a specific item.
- The final tab will reflect the Overdue and Lost Loan profiles which control when letters are sent and when an item is changed to lost.
Important notes for using the Fulfillment Configuration Utility:
- The utility does not track the expiration date of the patron. This means that calculated due dates may not be accurate.
- If the library is closed (such as during intercessions), calculated due dates will reflect the closure and related policy action (e.g. move the due date to the next open date).
- Most loan rules are now the same for Faculty/Staff and Students so you may test the utility with either type of patron.
- Currently Booking TOUs are not in use. The default rule (no booking) will show for all items.
Ex Libris - Alma documentation and demo video on the Fulfillment Configuration Utility