How do I provide guest WiFi access to a community member?
Los Rios employees can grant guests access to the public Los Rios WiFi network for up to a few days at a time.
- Go to Guest WiFi Access. (You may want to bookmark this page for future use.)
- Click the button "Request WiFi Access."
- Log in with your employee credentials.
- Enter the guest patron's first name, last name, and email address.
- Use the calendar to select an "expiration" date for their guest access. (Most of the calendar will be grayed out; you can only provide access for a few days at a time.)
- Click "Create Account."
- The patron now has access to the LRCCD Guest WiFi network. The page will show that the email address previously entered is their username, and it will provide an auto-generated password. This login information is also emailed to you, from "Apache" (email@example.com).
Note that you yourself must be connected to a Los Rios network for this process to work. Most of the time you will be responding to a patron request in person, so it will be a non-issue. If you are working from home, you will need to use a VPN to complete this process.