How do I request library materials if I'm an ARC student taking classes at the Natomas Outreach Center?
The North Natomas Library (part of the Sacramento Public Library) is a joint-use facility serving the community as well as the faculty, staff, and students of Inderkum High School and the Natomas Center of American River College.
Textbook Course Reserves at the North Natomas Library
Policies/process for textbook course reserves are different than for general circulating items as there are limited copies with more demand.
The American River College Library has some textbook course reserves at the North Natomas Library available for check out by ARC students.
Almost all of the textbook course reserves at the North Natomas Library are for 3-day checkout, which are on an in-person, first come, first serve basis.
- 3 day textbook course reserves cannot be requested ahead of time in OneSearch
- Textbook course reserves cannot be picked up at a different library; they must be picked up from the "home" library where the item is located. For example a textbook at the American River College Library Circ Desk cannot be requested to be picked up at the North Natomas library - and vice versa.
Before coming to the North Natomas Library, students can use OneSearch or our Textbooks search to:
- determine if the textbook/course materials are at the North Natomas Library
- make sure it is "available" (someone else doesn't have it checked out)
- get the call number to show to staff at the North Natomas library (e.g. NATO SPEECH 301 #4)
Textbook course reserves that are available for 1 semester check out that are located at the American River College Library can be requested in OneSearch to be picked up at the North Natomas Library. Unfortunately, we may only have a few copies of the textbook you are looking for that can be checked out for the full semester.
General Circulating Items (not textbooks)
Items in OneSearch that are circulating items can be requested to be picked up at another library (e.g. books at the American River College Library can be requested to be picked up at the North Natomas Library).
The North Natomas Library also has their own collection that students at the Natomas Center may find easier and just as helpful to use rather than using the library at the ARC Main Campus or waiting for requested materials. If you want to check-out Sacramento Public Library materials, you will need a Sacramento Public Library card. Please speak to the staff at the North Natomas Library about getting one.
Requesting ARC Library items for pick up at the North Natomas Library
If a copy is available, see How do I borrow books and other library materials? for step by step instructions for requesting.
- in step 6 - select "Natomas Center" for pickup location
- Items can be picked up at the North Natomas Library
- Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot guarantee how long it will take for delivery due to limited delivery services. Please wait for an email from the library before going to pick up materials.
- Request through OneSearch is not available the last week of the semester and during intersessions (when classes are not in session).
- Request through OneSearch will be available 2 weeks before the semester begins.
Check the status of your request
You can also always check the status of your request in your My Library Account.
Please call the ARC Library Circulation Desk at (916) 484-8455 if you have questions about a library item you have requested. Please leave a voicemail with your student ID and a number to call back.