Eligible for a granted Chromebook or check out from the library?
"Granted" Computers for Students
Los Rios Community College District supports ARC students with the greatest financial need and who meet academic requirements by making available Chromebooks and/or HotSpots at no cost to the student.
- All Los Rios students should make digital service requests through Service Central.
- Sign in using your Student ID number and Password
- Select Submit a Request
- Select Equipment (at the top of the page)
- Select Student Digital Services Request
- If you are eligible, you will be able to make a selection and submit the request.
- The validation is based on information that is updated weekly. If you only qualified within the last week, you will need to wait until the following week to make a submission.
- If you are not eligible, you will see a pop-up message indicating that you are not eligible.
- Once a request is successfully made, you will receive an email from LRCCD Service Central with directions for pick up of the device requested.
Please Note: Notifications are not sent by the Library and Library staff do not determine eligibility to receive LRCCD granted devices.
If you are not eligible for a granted device, please see “Check out a Chromebook from the Library” below.
More information on the ARC website: Computers for Students
Check out a Chromebook from the library
If you did not receive an email notifying you of your eligibility for a granted Chromebook, you can request a Chromebook for a semester loan through the ARC Library.
- These are available while supplies last and on a first-come first-serve basis for students that are eligible.
- To be eligible to check out a Chromebook from the library students must be:
- Currently enrolled in classes at ARC
- Not have been issued a granted device since Spring 2020
- Please fill out this ARC Library - Chromebook Loan Request form to request a Chromebook loan from the ARC library.
- After filling out the library request form students will be notified via Los Rios email if your request has been approved and when the Chromebook is available for pick up in the library.
- Prior to the start of and during the first few weeks of the semester please be patient as this may take a few days – we receive a high volume of requests during this time.
Chromebooks checked out from the library are due back at the end of the semester. Can I renew the Chromebook I have checked out from the library?
Please contact Jane Hoff if you have any questions about a Chromebook from the library:
Lead Library Technician
Our supply of Chromebooks and continuation of this service relies and depends on students returning these items when they have completed their time at ARC.